“Ordered to be Made” means that there is no pre-set volume and no pre-ordering. Only single piece production and zero economies of scale.
We believe that the requirements of a successful “made to measure” supply structure are:
- High quality products and materials: otherwise it wouldn’t be possible to obtain the necessary price to provide this service.
- Extreme efficiency: all the parts of the entire process have to intertwine perfectly, any problem can cost time and time is money.
- Sample material, trial set and trainings: the sales person needs to be properly trained in order to present the product. This means feeling very comfortable with the system and manage it easily.
- Communication: as every order is different, only if the communication is perfect then the consumer’s expectations will meet reality.
- Flexibility and customer oriented approach: the customer is the king and seeing as he will pay a high price he expect “the red carpet”, luxury treatment.
- Partnership: There will only be an order if the sales person manages to sell a suit. The main objective of the manufacturer must be to provide the sales person with the best possible support.
- Trust: Consider having to tell a customer, one day before his wedding, that his suit is not ready. Naturally, trust in the manufacturer is essential when making orders. You will only order the suit if you know that your manufacturer will do everything they can to deliver on time.